- 法團查看屋苑的財政狀況，暫時所知住宅公用地 (即屋苑日常開支，如清潔、維修保養、保安等)，預計持續每年虧損約100萬，如長期『食老本』，會嚴重影響屋苑的財務穩健性，法團需要更多時間深入了解賬目，評估屋苑開支的優次，計劃長遠管理費方案，令財務狀況更健康。
- 進一步強化業戶與法團溝通，法團已開通telegram discuss group,，法團直接電郵等溝通平台，並設立屋苑網頁，定期發布消息，強化法團透明度，成為一個「找得到」的法團。
Dear neigbours, Month ago on the special owners’ meeting on October 27, we were being elected and now we would like to outline what have kept ourselves busy in these 30 days.
- The major audit report have been delayed for eight years. Base on the reasonable procedure we knew, this could only be followed up until a firm recognition on the minutes of the previous owners’ meeting is in place. The committee would strictly monitor and process the minutes of the meeting and try to push the progress of such lefting over burden.
- The committee have inspected the financial status, as far as we knew that the residential commons (ie the daily expenses of the housing estate, such as cleaning, maintenance, security, etc.) continuously remains one million loss per year. Such inbalance and inhealthy long run of “live off one’s past gains” seriously nibble the contingency reserve fund. We are requesting a deep down dig-in on every figure, to enable us to investigate on financial stability, reprioritize expenditures, and seek for a reasonable long-term management fee plans as to regain a transparent and seakeeping financial health.
- Together with Housing Engineering Department, the committee has inspected the estate discussed multiple projects and issues, including playgrounds, 24-hour access, leaking of pipes, roofs, and parking lots, etc., and reinforcing strictly monitor and follow up. As of August 2019, the housing repair and whitewash fund remains less than nine millions. Based on majority of opinions we learnt that it doesn’t make sense to owners if one third of the fund would be dedicatedly spent on singular project of rebuilding just the playground. It is a time to think out of the box by exploring alternate solution, to have a comprehensive reevaluation of the whole scheme other than narrow down focus on solely the waterproofing issue. On one hand we are contacting suppliers of amusement facility, on the other hand we are evaluating the feasibility of repairing amusement facilities instead of buying original parts with expensive price, hoping to ground balance on reducing engineering costs, man-hours and retaining reliability as well.
- In view of recent months’ security concerns caused by the violating occasionable outbreaks, the committees has held a tripartite meeting with the management office and security company to discuss issues covering CCTVs coverage, policy of security officers, operation of daily routines, and responsive protocol of police operations.
Give new things a hug
- To further strengthen the communication between owners and committees, we has setup various communication platform and channel such as telegram channel, telegram discuss group, direct emails to committee, etc., and also an official portal homepage of our estate, the-pinnacle.hk. So fristly everyone could receive latest notice and reports remotely in real time, secondarily we hope it could also strengthen the transparency of progress, and report the obstacles we are encounting, third we want to hear voices and opinions and protect everyone’s privacy, last and most importantly, we want to be a “Reachable” committee team, literally.
- Further more, we are researching every possibility to install vending machines, we want to rethink and innovate those regular celebration activities, and we are collecting ideas from everyone, in order to level up liveable, vibrant, fashionable in aspects of both feasiblilty and affordibility.
- Taking into account the regular environmental protection activities held in the housing estates and the application for funds to replace low energy draining LED light pipes, reducing electricity costs in the housing estates in the long run will also contribute to the sustainable development of our planet, and this would be our initial step.
During these 30 days, there were a few discouraging moment. As we found that some of the known and uncertain issues might have been accumulated and ignored for years or decade, those have been paralysised our sense of demands and desire of progress, eventually some of us withdrawn the rights to ask and formed a tendency to lower our expectation. Requesting access to existing (or missed) documents (if they were being handled promptly and properly archived) is unexpectedly difficult, for the unreasonable month-long response time of waiting and ignorance, largely consumed our time and patient. We paid very high price to realize it is a right moment to reinforce the management office to improve their administrative efficiency, or nobody could walk out from the chaositic clouding stacks with any benefit.
Though it sounds like we may have a long way to go, fortunately, by opening up channels, we gratefully receive helping force of enthusiastic neighbours and particular helpful ex-committees, who steps up and provides professional advice, assistance, mentorship, and no paid productivity in terms of web development, artistic poster design, copy writing, coding, telegram bots, business network, construction, maintenance operation, and engineering, etc., which enriches our options, expand our mind and enegrize our vision. Hereby we would like to appreciate their big heart, lovely talents and extraordinary effort, guys, we sincere thanks, on behalf the pinnacle!
How about you? Do you have any suggestions, would you provide any help to reinforce any aspect of the development – to enrich our house, our life and our environment. Welcome to contact us through telegram, email, webpage, facebook (or here), etc., we sincerely invite you to participate, offer your insight, join our regular meetings! Looking forward to seeing everyone’s participation!